In Virginia, the Arlington County PD have elevated their enforcement details as part of the national Click It or Ticket campaign. This will go on through the next two weeks, thanks a grant from the Virginia DMV.
The department focuses on all traffic laws of course, but the Click It or Ticket campaign is focused specifically on seat belt laws with the goal of saving lives. According to the DMV:
- Virginia’s seat belt use rate has increased to 81.8% from 80.5%in 2010
- There were 765 deaths in 2011, 306 of which were from not wearing seat belts
- Over 30% of the deaths were between the hours of midnight and 6 am
While the program runs from May 21st to June 3rd, the department will be focused on enforcing these laws year round in an effort to save lives.
Latest posts by Scott Desind (see all)
- How to Request the County Seat and Fight Your California Traffic Ticket - May 21, 2023
- Don’t Even Touch That Cell Phone - July 13, 2022
- Innocent Until Proven Guilty - March 2, 2020